Search
View: 57|Reply: 0

Authentic Drew Brees Jersey

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-9-27 11:36:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
OAKLAND Womens Justin Houston Jersey , Calif. — The Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs are both hoping that history repeats itself when they meet in Game 2 of the Western Conference playoffs on Monday night.
The second-seeded Warriors thumped the seventh-seeded Spurs 113-92 in the series opener on Saturday afternoon, putting both teams in a familiar position.
Golden State used a home win in Game 1 as a springboard to a four-game sweep of the Spurs in the Western Conference finals last season.
San Antonio, meanwhile, was drubbed 126-99 in Game 1 of the Western semifinals by the Houston Rockets last May, only to turn things around immediately with an equally decisive 121-96 blitz in Game 2 en route to an eventual six-game victory in the series.
“We’ve got to regroup, feel hurt, upset, kind of desperate,” Spurs veteran Manu Ginobili said after Saturday’s shellacking. “We don’t want to go home 0-2. So we’ll fight as hard as we can in Game 2.”
After leading the NBA in scoring during a 58-win regular season, the Warriors focused on defense in Game 1 of the postseason. Coach Steve Kerr moved super-sub Andre Iguodala into the starting lineup in an attempt to give the game a defensive tone from the start.
It worked. The Spurs shot just 35 percent in the first quarter and were held to 17 points, falling behind by as many as 14 points.
“The whole point of these games early in the series is to re-establish our defense Womens Antonio Brown Jersey ,” Kerr explained. “You can’t win in this league in the playoffs unless you defend.”
The Spurs finished the game at 40.0 percent from the field. The Warriors held five opponents below 100 in the playoffs last season, and won all five of those games.
The Golden State defense was especially problematic to San Antonio star LaMarcus Aldridge, who was held to 14 points on 5-of-12 shooting.
Coincidentally, Aldridge also shot 5 of 12 in the Spurs’ regular-season finale against New Orleans, a loss that dropped San Antonio into the undesirable first-round matchup with the defending champs.
Aldridge averaged 23.1 points and 18.0 shots from the field during the regular season.
JaVale McGee had the defensive assignment on Aldridge at the start of the game and actually outscored him 9-4 in the Warriors’ first-quarter runaway.
Kerr declared afterward that McGee also would get the start in Game 2, but Spurs coach Gregg Popovich wasn’t committing to anything on his end.
Kerr switched to Pau Gasol at center in the Spurs’ turnaround against the Rockets last season, a move he also could make Monday, with the veteran having come off the bench in Game 1.
Popovich made it clear after Saturday’s loss that no one player was more responsible for the Game 1 embarrassment than any other.
“The first quarter, we looked like a deer in the headlights. Very disappointing,” he said. “I thought we were very prepared physically and mentally, but I was mistaken. That was the game right there.”
The series will shift to San Antonio for Games 3 and 4 on Thursday and next Sunday.
Days before opening training camp Womens Kevin White Jersey , the Cleveland Browns learned Josh Gordon will be missing again.For how long remains unclear.
The troubled wide receiver, who has been suspended numerous times over the past six years by the NFL for drug violations, said on Twitter that he won't be with the team for the start of camp as he continues to recover from addictions that have derailed his once-promising career.
Gordon has missed two full years after being indefinitely suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell and hasn't played a complete season since 2013, when he led the league in yards receiving and scored nine touchdowns.
While Gordon's social media post was vague, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the 27-year-old has not been suspended.
"We will address the matter at the appropriate time," McCarthy said in an email to The Associated Press, adding "there's no timetable" on Gordon's return.
Gordon's disclosure came as the Browns are preparing to begin camp under coach Hue Jackson following a 0-16 season.
The team overhauled its roster during the offseason, adding former Buffalo quarterback Tyrod Taylor, Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry and a few other potential starters in trades before drafting Heisman Trophy-winning QB Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick.
Gordon had been a major part of Cleveland's plans for 2018, but those could now be on hold.
In recent weeks, rumors that Gordon failed a drug test circulated on social media. But it wasn't until he posted his message Monday that it became known he could be sidelined again.
"I am reaching out to you all personally and letting you know that I am not only doing great physically but mentally as well Womens Saquon Barkley Jersey ," Gordon wrote in a statement directed to "my Cleveland Browns and NFL Family."
"You will notice that I will not be in Cleveland for the start of training camp. Rest assured, this, too, is a part of my overall health and treatment plan. I appreciate the awesome support I have received from teammates, friends, fans, and the Browns organization. Just like you, I am excited to start the season and I have every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon to help bring winning football to our fans."
Gordon later followed up with a tweet that said, "Thanks again.. See ya soon."
Because he is in Stage 3 of the NFL's substance-abuse program, Gordon is subject to random drug testing. He faces another indefinite suspension for any violation.
Gordon has missed 43 of Cleveland's past 48 games because of suspensions. Last year, he was reinstated by Goodell following a three-month stay in a rehab facility. He returned for the Browns' final five games and caught 18 passes for 335 yards and a touchdown.
Before he returned Authentic Drew Brees Jersey , Gordon revealed the depths of his substance abuse, saying he had never played in an NFL game sober.
Gordon participated in Cleveland's offseason programs, and the team has been encouraged by his commitment to staying clean and active.
Browns general manager John Dorsey said the team has Gordon's back.
"We will continue to support Josh as he receives the care needed to maintain his progress," Dorsey said. "We are going to respect his privacy while he is away from the team. Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return."
Cleveland will have its first practice Thursday. Gordon's announcement is another blow to an organization trying to rebuild following numerous losing seasons. The Browns haven't been to the playoffs since 2002 and have lost at least 10 games in 15 seasons since 1999.
During minicamp last month, Gordon claimed to be in the best shape of his life and boasted that with he and Landry, the Browns had the league's best receiving corps.
Gordon also said he felt fortunate to be getting another chance.
"Right now for me it's a bunch of the small victories day to day, just being able to come to work," he said on June 12. "Like the little, little things. Having some structure in my life."
Gordon has played in just 40 career games since the Browns selected him in the 2012 supplemental draft.
Womens Donte Jackson Jersey

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

2018-11-19 14:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.028929 second(s), 21 queries .

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list