Search
View: 19|Reply: 0

Chiefs vs. Bears time , TV schedule,

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-3 10:19:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
The Kansas City Chiefs take on the Chicago Bears in the all-important third preseason game on Saturday afternoon at Noon in Chicago. As in past years, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said he will play the team’s starters into the third quarter — including starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes.The bad news? Eric Berry Youth Patrick Mahomes Jersey will be held out of the game, and miss his 14th straight day of on-the-field activity.The good? De’Anthony Thomas, Spencer Ware, Anthony Hitchens and Reggie Ragland are all expected to make their preseason debuts. “Me and Hitch have a chemistry, being out there on the field, we just haven’t played in a game yet,” Ragland said this week. “For the most part, whenever we get out there and get in the games, it’s going to be natural, I believe Womens Kendall Fuller Jersey , because it’s already natural during practice and everything. If I don’t see something Hitch sees it, and when Hitch doesn’t see it, I see it. It’s very helpful. I think when the time comes, and we get out there and play, things are going to fall into place.”Without Berry in the lineup — in addition to Daniel Sorensen, who is already expected to miss regular-season time — the eyes will once again be upon younger backups in Eric Murray, Leon McQuay and Armani Watts. Watts will try to build upon his last performance against the Atlanta Falcons, when he was the highest-graded Chiefs player (92.7), according to Pro Football Focus.Saturday marks the first game for Mahomes after “The Throw,” which captured the attention of the nation last week. Mahomes’ pass to Tyreek Hill traveled more than 68 yards in the air, longer than any pass thrown by any quarterback during all of last year’s regular season.Mahomes will be seeking to work in wide receiver Sammy Watkins, who has yet to record a catch this preseason in two games. “I know a lot of people are speculating and saying ‘Oh, he’s not getting the targets,’” Watkins said this week. “Not to say it’s preseason, but there’s a lot of other things I’ve got to learn in the offense and get used to. “That’s what coach does a great job of being able to let me do.”The Chiefs look forward to seeing an old friend in offensive coordinator Matt Nagy http://www.kansascitychiefsteamonline.com/dee-ford-jersey , who is now the head coach of the Bears. “I am proud of him for having the opportunity,” Reid said this week. “I’ve watched [Nagy’s] tape and he has done some good things with the team. He had a nice win the other night.”Nagy coached Mahomes throughout his first season, when he backed up now-Redskins quarterback Alex Smith.“I think he relates to quarterbacks so well, especially the young guys,” Mahomes said of Nagy. “He’s been through the process. He’s tried to make a career of his own as a quarterback then moved over to coaching.Just having someone that has been through that process and knows how to relate to the young guys and especially the quarterback position will help you really understand the offense and really understand what the defenses are trying to get.”Nagy is now working to develop quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, whom the Bears organization selected with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft — eight selections ahead of Mahomes.If Reid sticks to his usual tendencies, this will be the last time the Chiefs starters play prior to Week 1 of the regular season against the Los Angeles Chargers. Nuts and boltsLocation: Soldier Field in Chicago, IllinoisGame time: Saturday, August 25, 2018 | Noon Arrowhead TimeTV channel: KCTV5 | NFL NetworkOnline Stream: NFL GamepassReplay: NFL Network and NFL GamepassPregame show: Arrowhead Pride Tailgate, 10 a.m. on 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City | Presented by Albright Buick GMC CadillacRadio: 101.1 The Fox (Mitch Holthus and Kendall Gammon) | Spanish Radio Broadcast: La Mega 1160 AM (Tico Sports)Matchup history: Bears lead 7-5 (regular season)Odds: Bears -2.0Prediction: Chiefs 28, Bears 21Announcers: Carter Blackburn (play-by-play), Trent Green (analyst), Todd McShay (analyst), BJ Kissel (sideline)Enemy blog: Windy City GridironTwitter: Arrowhead Pride Facebook: Please like us!Chiefs 2018 preseason scheduleWeek 1 | Thursday http://www.kansascitychiefsteamonline.com/dustin-colquitt-jersey , 8/9 | 7:30 p.m. CT | vs. Houston TexansWeek 2 | Friday, 8/17 | 6:00 p.m. CT | at Atlanta FalconsWeek 3 | Saturday, 8/25 | 12:00 p.m. CT | at Chicago BearsWeek 4 | Thursday, 8/30 | 7:30 p.m. CT | vs. Green Bay PackersAndy Reid (kind of) addresses Chiefs’ Earl Thomas rumors by sharing a story Rumors have been swirling regarding Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas and where he may end up. We covered the initial report from ESPN here and old friend Terez Paylor of Yahoo! Sports named some potential destinations in his own piece list.Kansas City was on Paylor’s list, which also included Oakland, Atlanta and Dallas.Chiefs head coach Andy Reid was asked about the prospect of making an in-season trade for someone like Thomas in his weekly Monday press conference.“I've left that up to Brett (Veach),” Reid said. “He’s aware of personality—he deals with all that stuff. He’s got all the data on that. I remember one time when I was at Green Bay (1992-98) and we came back here and played the Chiefs and (Derrick) Thomas put (Don) Beebe in the fifth row as he did a shallow crossing route and we were out of receivers. We went and got Andre Rison—and [we] ended up going to the Super Bowl and winning the Super Bowl.”According to The Baltimore Sun, the Packers claimed Rison off of waivers from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Reid was the Packers offensive line coach at the time.“Kansas City destroyed us in that game and [Thomas] had about five sacks—and unbelievable number. I was a young coach and this was an in-season pickup that we had and it worked out for us. It kind of showed me how those kinds of things work at this level, and so I’ve always kept my eyes open for that and been OK with that—I’ve been open to that. So when I was making those decisions, I was open to it. “I have full trust in Brett if he decides whoever that person is. Right now, we don’t have anything and we’re not in that—that’s not where we’re at. I know the rumor’s out there, but that’s not where we’re at.”Reid was asked later in the press conference to confirm he was talking about Thomas.“There are some rumors out there, I guess,” Reid answered to a laughing media room.The 2018 NFL trade deadline is on October 30 at 3 p.m. Arrowhead Time.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

2018-11-19 15:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.032009 second(s), 29 queries .

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list