View: 88|Reply: 0

We've been getting on the same page, repping . Jersey

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Middle Member

Credits
Post time 2019-3-8 09:52:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
This time Authentic Anthony Miller Jersey , the Chicago Bears were good enough to overcome a tough day for Cody Parkey.That might not be the case very soon.A day after Parkey missed two extra points and two field-goal attempts in a 34-22 victory over Detroit, coach Matt Nagy reiterated he has no plans to take a look at another kicker this week. But he acknowledged Parkey's performance is only going to take on greater importance as the NFC North-leading Bears try to get back to the playoffs for the first time since after the 2010 season."The end of this regular season, these are huge now. You got to make them," Nagy said Monday, "and it's just too important, they're too crucial."The most remarkable part of Parkey's trouble against Detroit might have been how he missed the four kicks, finding an upright each time.After Chicago scored on its first drive, Parkey kicked the extra point off the right upright. He hit the left upright on an extra point in the second quarter. On consecutive Chicago drives in the third quarter, Parkey rattled the right upright on a 41-yard field goal and again on a 34-yard attempt."I don't think I've hit the post four times in my whole life and I've been kicking probably for 15 years," Parkey said right after Chicago's third straight win.It got so bad that the crowd roared when the Bears went for a 2-point conversion after a touchdown later in the third. But Parkey's teammates offered their support."Everyone has a bad game every once in a while, so we're going to rally around him Authentic Mitchell Trubisky Jersey , continue to have his back," quarterback Mitchell Trubisky said, "and I know next week when we need it he's going to make a big kick and we're not even going to think twice about it. We're a family in that locker room, we have each other's back no matter what."Parkey connected on 21 of 23 field-goal attempts and 26 of 29 extra points last season with Miami, prompting Chicago to give him a four-year deal in free agency worth a little more than $15 million. It included a signing bonus of $2.25 million and a fully guaranteed base salary for the first two years, making it unlikely the Bears will cut him.The 26-year-old Parkey has missed five field goals in 18 attempts this season. The empty extra points were his first two in 32 tries.Nagy chalked up the performance to a bad day."You go back to a few weeks ago when Mason Crosby missed a few for Green Bay and then the next week he ended up kicking the game winner," Nagy said. "It's just a crazy cycle and it's just a matter of your patience that you have with it and fortunately for us yesterday we did have the lead. ... But now, he also needs to take the next step of trying to figure out how he can get better and we'll go ahead and do that."One way might be some practice time at Soldier Field, one of the NFL's toughest spots for kickers because of its proximity to Lake Michigan. Nagy said they are discussing the possibility.How quickly Parkey can recover from his difficulties against Detroit could be huge for Chicago (6-3), which hosts Minnesota on Sunday night. The Vikings have won four of five and are second in the division with a 5-3-1 record.The Bears and Lions play again on Thanksgiving in Detroit, and Chicago also hosts Green Bay and visits Minnesota before the season ends. Asked about balancing support for Parkey with any frustration with his performance Womens Prince Amukamara Jersey , Nagy said he believes in being honest."I'm not going to sugarcoat anything and he wouldn't want that from me," he said. "So we'll have our own conversations and keep it between us, but I'll always handle it as best as I can for the team and for him and then just stick with my gut."Jay Cohen can be reached at s://jcohenap Matt Nagy read off the numbers almost like the winning lottery ticket: 12-80-10.The Chicago Bears coach is hoping the offense can strike it rich this season with the additions of receiver Allen Robinson (No. 12) and tight end Trey Burton (No. 8), to pair with young quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (No. 10).Throughout camp, the trio has steadily honed their chemistry. That was evident Thursday when the team had a joint practice against the Denver Broncos."The one thing I've really seen is 12 and 80, both their timing is starting to click with 10 ," said Nagy, whose team faces the Broncos on Saturday in a preseason contest.Robinson is rounding back into form after tearing his ACL in the opener last season while with the Jacksonville Jaguars.  He signed a three-year, $42 million free agent deal with the Bears to become Trubisky's top target.Then there's Burton, a member of the Philadelphia Eagles last season who may be best remembered for throwing a 1-yard TD pass to quarterback Nick Foles during a Super Bowl win over New England.Burton rattled off numerous reasons why he signed with Chicago — the offense, the coach http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/adrian-amos-jersey , the city and of course No. 10."A young quarterback who everybody says nothing but great things about," Burton said.The second-overall pick in 2017, Trubisky threw for 2,193 yards, seven TDs and seven interceptions his rookie season. With Nagy running the show, the Bears figure to take more shots down the field.That's extremely enticing to Trubisky, whose team ranked at the bottom of the league in yards passing per game in 2017."We're going to keep being aggressive," Trubisky said. "The key is to be consistent with them, hit them. It really stretches the field, and it opens up the run game, opens up the intermediate throws as well. We're going to continue to be aggressive Womens Aaron Lynch Jersey , which I love."Asked what he does best on the field, Trubisky didn't blink: "That's too generic."He quickly pondered."What do I think I do best? I don't know. I love football," he responded. "I love coming out here with my teammates and doing the best I possibly can. I wouldn't say there's really one (way) how I would categorize my game. I want to continue to get better every day and try to be great."Maybe a little surprising is how fast Trubisky has gotten in sync with Robinson and Burton."It speaks to the type of guys they are, their knowledge of the game and their work ethic, as well as mine," Trubisky said. "We've been getting on the same page, repping over and over again and really developing that trust and chemistry on and off the field so I know where they're going to be. They do a good job getting open. We've really been clicking."Robinson is slated to see some action for the Bears on Saturday. Trubisky and the first-team offense gained minus-1 yards on eight plays last week at Cincinnati.Obviously, Nagy wants to see more."You want to score touchdowns. You want to be able to put points on the board," Nagy said. "I want to see some first downs. I want to see a balance of run and pass. I want to see solid protection. If you have protection and give that quarterback green grass, they'll produce."Nagy liked what he saw out of Trubisky after two days of facing a Broncos defense featuring the disruptive Von Miller."Arrow up," Nagy said. "It was two good days and that's what his expectations are and that's what he knows we want."He does at that."Every snap matters. Every practice rep Authentic Tarik Cohen Jersey , every preseason game matters," Trubisky said. "We're coming out here competing every day. We're always trying to get better. No matter what it is, if it's on the practice field, if I'm in the backyard by myself or if it's a preseason game, we're trying to get better and we're trying to move the football."That's what great players do. That's what great teams do. We're trying to get some momentum."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

2019-7-23 11:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.027164 second(s), 21 queries .

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list