View: 80|Reply: 0

John Jaso Jersey

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Middle Member

Credits
Post time 2019-3-19 09:29:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Milwaukee’s last NL MVP thinks he is about to get some company.Led by Christian Yelich’s silky smooth game Josh Harrison Jersey , the Brewers are closing in on the playoffs.Yelich homered and drove in a career-high six runs, and surging Milwaukee hurt St. Louis’ postseason chances with a 12-4 victory over the Cardinals on Tuesday.“Just trying to help the boys out any way you can,” Yelich said. “A lot of guys came through in some big situations for us. That was a lot of fun tonight.”Ryan Braun went deep twice and Jesus Aguilar also connected as Milwaukee lowered its magic number for clinching a playoff spot to one. But the Brewers are thinking bigger after their fifth win in six games put them just a half-game back of the NL Central-leading Chicago Cubs.“I think the division is kind of what’s on our mind right now,” manager Craig Counsell said, “and I think we’ve earned that with the last two days.”Milwaukee (91-67) leads Colorado by 3½  games for the top wild card. St. Louis (87-71) dropped a half-game behind Colorado for the second NL wild card after the Rockies routed Philadelphia 10-3.“We have four games to play, and we feel good about the club we have and the kind of guys we have and the character we have and the talent we have,” Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said. “We’ll control what we can control and we’ll get after it and let the chips fall.”Following Wednesday’s series finale, Milwaukee closes the regular season with a weekend set at home against lowly Detroit. St. Louis also is off Thursday before beginning a three-game series against the slumping Cubs at Wrigley Field.Yadier Molina hit a three-run homer for the Cardinals, who had won six of seven before their 6-4 loss to Milwaukee on Monday night. Marcell Ozuna went 3 for 3 with a walk.St. Louis left the bases loaded in the fifth and seventh innings when Jedd Gyorko came up empty each time. Third baseman Mike Moustakas turned an inning-ending double play on Gyorko’s chopper near the bag in the fifth, and Gyorko flied to right for the final out of the seventh.“This one’s kind of on me,” Gyorko said. “I’ve got to find a way to get the job done in those situations.”Milwaukee scored 11 runs with two out, including its first six. Yelich came up with the bases loaded in the fourth and tripled into the gap in right-center, lifting the Brewers to a 6-0 lead. After Lorenzo Cain was intentionally walked with two out in the ninth, Yelich hit a three-run drive to center.“It’s part of the game, but at the same time, it’s a challenge,” Yelich said of the walk to Cain. “As a competitor, you want to answer the challenge.”Yelich is batting .346 with seven homers and 28 RBIs in 22 games this month. He has 33 homers http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-gregory-polanco-jersey , 104 RBIs, 110 runs and 181 hits on the year, all career highs.Braun, who won the MVP award in 2011, said he thinks Yelich is about to join the club.“I can’t foresee a scenario in which he doesn’t win it,” Braun said. “He’s been so incredible for us in every facet of the game.”Taylor Williams (1-3), the second of six Milwaukee relievers after Gio Gonzalez pitched four innings, got three outs for the win. The Brewers used nine pitchers in their series-opening victory.Cardinals rookie Austin Gomber (6-2) was tagged for five runs and seven hits in 3 2/3 innings.LONG GONECardinals first baseman Matt Carpenter and Shildt were ejected in the seventh inning. Carpenter argued with home plate umpire Will Little after he was called out on strikes, and then was thrown out as he walked toward the dugout.“I understand the importance of staying in these games,” Carpenter said. “So when I get thrown out of the game as I’m walking away, that’s something I have a problem with.”TRAINER’S ROOMBrewers: All-Star reliever Jeremy Jeffress was available after he missed the series opener because of neck spasms.Cardinals: 2B Kolten Wong returned to the starting lineup for the first time since he left Friday’s victory over San Francisco with cramps in both hamstrings. He struck out swinging as a pinch hitter in the ninth inning of Monday’s loss. “Obviously at this point of the season no one’s 100 percent,” he said. “For me as long as I know I can run and I can play I’m going to be out there.”UP NEXTBrewers right-hander Jhoulys Chacin (14-8, 3.61 ERA) and Cardinals right-hander John Gant (7-6, 3.53 ERA) pitch Wednesday night in the series finale. Chacin is 0-3 with a 4.34 ERA in four September starts. Gant lasted just 2 2/3 innings in his last outing, yielding one run and four hits Friday against the Giants. Patrick Smith/Getty ImagesThrough Saturday, 18 Major League Baseball teams had winning percentages of .500 or better. It's an unusual year in the standings, as a handful of struggling clubs have been playing out the string since late April.On the flip side, the talent gap is creating an interesting playoff race down the stretch. Of note http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-jung-ho-kang-jersey , five teams are within 3.5 games of each other for the second National League wild-card spot.That may create an intense buildup to the non-waiver trade deadline at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday. The action has already been fast and furious, as many notable names have changed cities.Cleveland Indians Looking to Add OutfielderThe Cleveland Indians can sleepwalk to the American League Central title. The four other teams in the division are in various stages of rebuilding, and three of them are 16 games under .500 or worse. The fourth team, the Minnesota Twins, is 48-55.While the Tribe can win their division with their roster, they are a leg behind the American League's elite.The Indians traded for some bullpen help, with the star piece there being former San Diego Padres left-hander Brad Hand.Now they must look to solidify the outfield, which has seen its share of injuries and inconsistent play outside left fielder Michael Brantley.Per Nick Cafardo of theBoston Globe (h/t Connor Byrne ofMLB Trade Rumors), the Indians are looking into Toronto Blue JaysoutfielderCurtis Granderson, Cincinnati Redscenter fielderBilly Hamiltonand Miami Marlins infielder/outfielderDerek Dietrich.Granderson could form a solid platoon with Brandon Guyer in right field, with the former facing right-handers and the latter taking on southpaws. At 37, however, Granderson is at the back end of his career, and he's a free agent after this season. Is Cleveland willing to acquire what may be a rental even though Granderson has a .784 OPSagainstrighties?Hamilton would shore up the team's defense in center field; he's amassed a 6.7 defensive WARduring his career,per Baseball Reference, and can do things like this:Cincinnati Reds RedsICYMI: Billy Hamilton made a grab with a 2% catch probability. Because of course he does. #Statcast ByhV3W9KU2 iRE0tYr5RCHowever, Hamilton struggles at the dish, and he's managing just a .602 OPS this year. He's also on pace to finish far below his usual stolen-base par鈥攈e has22 through Saturdaycompared to 56-plus each of the past four full seasons).Dietrich may be the best pickup of the aforementioned players. He can play infield or outfield and is the best hitter from this trio. For the season Francisco Cervelli Jersey , the Miami Marlin has hit 13 home runs and earned an .802 OPS. If the Tribe can pull it off, Dietrich should John Jaso Jersey be the No. 1 target. Brian DozierThe Minnesota Twins recently moved infielder Eduardo Escobar to the Arizona Diamondbacks. That, in essence, was a waving of the white flag, It thus figures that they would look to trade other players prior to the non-waiver trade deadline.Per Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier could be next,and the San Francisco Giants and Cleveland Indians are involved in talks:Mike Berardino MikeBerardinoTwo more potential landing spots for Brian Dozier, per sources: #SFGiants and #Indians. Both clubs have been scouting #mntwins 2B this week. Panik is on DL (groin) and Kipnis is having another down year (.629 OPS vs RHP). CLE still considering 2B/3B/OF options, I hear.The infielder market is dwindling, as Escobar, Asdrubal Cabrera and Mike Moustakas have all moved in recent days. The Twins may not get the return they want for Dozier, a slugger who has hit 167 home runs during a seven-year career.Cleveland seems like the best fit of the two teams. First, the Tribe are coasting to the playoffs and could use more bats. They could conceivably move second baseman Jason Kipnis to the outfield (he'splayedthere in the past) to fill a gap there and then play Dozier at second base. If Cleveland finds a corner outfielder, the lineup would then be postseason ready.San Francisco seems less likely because its postseason hopes are dwindling. The Giants are two games under .500 and sitting in fourth place in the National League West. They may be better off looking to sell than buy. Chris ArcherThe rumors are starting to fly about Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Chris Archer.Per Jerry Crasnick of ESPN, Archer is available, but the asking price is understandably huge. Still, a few teams are involved:Jerry Crasnick jcrasnickThe #Rays trade talks on Chris Archer are quot;intensifying as the deadline nears, sources say. Still hard to handicap if anyone will ante up with the return Tampa Bay wants. Its a No. 1 starter type of price tag

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

Points Rules

2019-7-24 12:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.027370 second(s), 21 queries .

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list